Sunday here on Little Spaces are all about self care! And with the holidays upon us, I want to focus on what to do if you’re not in the festive spirit.
1. Know that it’s OKAY! There’s lots of reasons you could be feeling down during the holidays. You’re not broken or wrong for how you feel. That’s the most important thing to remember!
2. Get enough sleep! I know it’s hard, but try to take a nap. Get your favorite blankie and stuffie and take a little snooze. Getting enough rest helps keep you charged up. Speaking of staying charged up:
3. Eat something healthy. Nobody can survive on candy canes alone! I know you maybe don’t want to eat a vegetable, but maybe a piece of fresh fruit sounds okay!
4. Drink water. Juice may sound tastier, and you might even be tempted to try soda or booze – but water will really help perk you up. You’re a beautiful flower and you need healthy clean water to drink!
5. Move around. You don’t have to go on a five mile run, but getting up and stretching a little will help get your blood moving and your face smiling. Stretch up to the sky – can you touch a star? Reach for the ground! Take a quick walk outside if the weather’s not too bad. Snow is so pretty!
6. Do something you enjoy. You maybe don’t feel like doing anything super little. That’s okay. Try coloring or maybe watching a nice tv show. Nature documentaries can be really good! Just try for ten minutes.
7. Say “no” if you need to. You don’t have to do everything and see everybody. It’s okay to just be home alone for a bit and relax. Saying no for your own well-being is the right thing to do!